Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

McDonald's 2013–

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 la.april

la.april
  • participating member
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

Here is McD China's latest offering.

Black and white contrasting burgers The one in the black bun with white seeds is pork; the other is chicken. I'm told they come as a pair with fries and a Coke.

attachicon.gifmcd.jpg

hahah oh my god, that looks awesome!! they put in a whole lot more effort in looks i guess

#62 Toliver

Toliver
  • participating member
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

McDonald's learned a very expensive lesson and is now eating crow wings:

"McDonald’s Tries Cheaper Mighty Wings"

When Mighty Wings originally launched they cost around $1 a wing -- a tough price to sell at a chain that will sell you an entire hamburger for a dollar. Officially McDonald's had the launch prices as three pieces for $2.99, five pieces for $4.79, and 10 pieces for $8.99.

Those prices proved too high for the chain's customers.

They're now priced 5 for $2.99. 

They will be sold at that price until the 10 million pounds of leftover inventory is gone.

The price drop will certainly put the wings on my radar when I go back to McD's.

Will it make a difference for you?

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”
– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

#63 rotuts

rotuts
  • participating member
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

nope.  nothing mighty about them.  medium to medium small they were.

my local supermarket chain has 6 types of wings on there all day 'wing bar' and are bigger, meaty-er and cheaper.

and by the lbs.