Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

In Chicago, Chef Grant Achatz Is Selling Tickets to His New Restaurant

Modernist

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 edsel

edsel
  • participating member
  • 984 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Has anyone had success selling tickets to Next? Posting on their Facebook page appears to be the "official" way to do it, but I wonder how effective it is.

#62 huiray

huiray
  • society donor
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:59 AM

Has anyone had success selling tickets to Next? Posting on their Facebook page appears to be the "official" way to do it, but I wonder how effective it is.

I've never done it, but I believe that is the only way to do it that Next recognizes as a "proper way".  I believe they also require the transaction to be verified/confirmed by them.  They want the transfers of "ownership of the tickets" to be registered in their computer system - I think you can still call them, but account holders would do so in their "Manage Account" page on the Next website, after logging in, at the bottom of the "Tickets" section on that page, by hitting the "Transfer Tickets" button and going through the process that is called up there. 

My understanding is that the transactions on Facebook are quite effective.  I've heard/read about highly desired tickets from individuals being snapped up within the hour, sometimes within minutes.  Selling tickets on the "black market" or on other forums (e.g. Craig's List) is discouraged by Next, and (after the very initial period years ago) have stated that they may invalidate tickets sold for a premium if they become aware of it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modernist