• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

RIP member Toliver

heidih

@Toliver passed away November 29. I did not know him well but his posting persona was clear - a love of food and family written with a gentle kind hand injected with dry humor.  @gfweb found this for us.  The man leaves a hole.

Edited by heidih (log)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 12

So very sad. 

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Toliver was a wonderful contributor to the forums, and always a joy to read. I have long since lost track of the amount of money he's cost me thanks to the Crazy Good e-Book Bargains topic. Even though we never met, he lived about 60 miles from where I grew up, and I always felt a connection to him for that: discussions about weather and water there, and how our respective towns have changed.

Rest in Peace, Tim. You're gone too soon.

• Like 11

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

I never met @Toliver but I've greatly enjoyed his contributions to eGullet.  He shared all sorts of information from safety recalls to the latest news on snack foods, candy, Oreos and other treats and, of course, those  crazy e-book bargains.  After watching the lovely remembrance video from his co-workers that was shared by @gfweb, I sighed and took some quiet time.  On my next visit to eG, I clicked over to the Tater Tots topic where the first post that popped up for me was this one from @Toliver:

Ooof - kinda like a punch in the gut to see his name and avatar pop up like that but also such a sweet and funny post that it made me smile, too.

He will be missed.  

Edited by blue_dolphin (log)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1