• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

RIP Dr. John Talbott

weinoo

John passed away on November 29, 2023.

John hadn't been here for quite some time, but that doesn't mean he wasn't writing about food on his blog; mostly about his beloved Paris.  I'd missed him on our last two trips to Paris, as he was unable to continue living there over the last few years, starting when the pandemic started. His advice was always welcome and kind.  And I'm proud to say that he would ask me for advice, when he was coming to NYC for a visit, conference, whatever.

His daughter posted this on his Facebook page:

It is with a heavy heart that I share that my dad, John Talbott, died peacefully at home yesterday, surrounded by family. I was lucky enough to spend the past 3 weeks with him and my mom as we neared this transition. He had a tremendous professional life, making a difference for the chronically mentally ill; he taught me by example, how to work hard and give my best effort. But at the end, when asked about his proudest accomplishments, he said they were his family. A true reminder to all of us about what is important. ❤️
Love you Daddy! Thank you for being my dad, sharing your wisdom, always ready to answer a question or talk through a problem, taking us around the world, gifting us the love of good food, and being a loving grandfather to my children.

RIP, my friend.

Edited by weinoo (log)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 8

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...