Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

This morning's take at the KCC Farmers Market

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 JumblyJu

JumblyJu
  • participating member
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:37 AM

Today the tomato pizza people had lasagna made with fresh pasta to take home (cold). I got the shrimp pesto one ($8.50/lb) and it came with salad. I assumed it should be reheated in the oven as it came in a foil tray (bento container). It came out dry and hard on the top as there was very little, if any pesto in the upper layers. There were many layers of pasta and only two of shrimp and pesto.

I ate almost half before I found a hair and lost my appetite.

#32 oneidaone

oneidaone
  • participating member
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:02 PM

I hope you also tell vendor this in addition to the whole world telling us will not solve your issues
only your satisfaction to vent. I would tell them next week and let us know. I know that Big Wave
the tomato farmer does sell products made by another chef at her booth so it's very likely it was not her product (the pizza is of course and is always delicious). So Aloha & a hui hou.

Edited by oneidaone, 02 December 2007 - 08:59 PM.

"You can't miss with a ham 'n' egger......"
Ervin D. Williams 9/1/1921 - 6/8/2004