Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Certain beers give me a crippling headache

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews
  • participating member
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:36 PM

I recall back in the late 60's when I spent several months in Germany, they had a beer they called banana beer and it did taste like banana. I always had a headache the day after drinking that beer. 

#32 JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker
  • participating member
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

I recall back in the late 60's when I spent several months in Germany, they had a beer they called banana beer and it did taste like banana. I always had a headache the day after drinking that beer. 

How much of did you drink?

• gfweb likes this

#33 Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews
  • participating member
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:17 AM

It only took one.

• SylviaLovegren likes this

#34 liuzhou

liuzhou
  • participating member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:33 AM

I have had banana beer, but not in Germany - in India. It was disgusting. The pineapple beer wasn't much better. I never drank enough of them to suffer any ill effects other than revulsion.

• SylviaLovegren likes this

#35 Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews
  • participating member
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:29 AM

I never cared much for it.  But I was in my 20's and had one on three or four occasions when others were having it.  By then I figured out that it was the beer causing the headaches the next day.