Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Indian Food

Indian

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#121 Ducksredux

Ducksredux
  • participating member
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:34 PM

A Luscious Taste and Aroma From India Arrives At Last

Alphonso Mangoes are here!!!

#122 Ducksredux

Ducksredux
  • participating member
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:04 PM

Tiffin - Indian delivery in the city? Inquirer - 7/29/2007

"The name, Tiffin, was inspired by the lunch courier networks of Bombay, in which barefoot deliverymen called dabbawallas bring multichambered metal boxes of freshly home-cooked meals to office workers each day. And the heart of Narula's operation was dedicated to creating a changing, daily selection of three complete box meals inspired by homey specialties rarely seen on typical restaurant menus."

#123 Episure

Episure
  • participating member
  • 977 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:46 AM

Hook up with Atul Kochhar, from the Mayfair restaurant Benares, to cook some spicy Indian summer snacks

London is currently hosting the India Now Festival – it's on right through the summer and ends in September – and it celebrates the 60th anniversary of Indian independence with a great selection of Indian art, music, fashion, film, food and theatre. So I thought it might be a good time to hook up with Atul Kochhar, from the Mayfair restaurant Benares, to cook some spicy Indian summer snacks. When I was cooking alongside Atul on the Great British Menu, he showed me how a little bit of British influence in the hands of a brilliant Indian chef can really work. He's a great guy who is really highly rated by his staff at Benares and his customers alike.

Recipes:
Coorgi mince puffs (from Karnataka province )

Deep fried prawns coated with vermicelli (Jhinga Til Tinka)

Crab salad with coconut and curry leaves (Salada de caranguejos)

Kumquat chutney (Chote Santrae ki)

Crispy fried John Dory with cucumber salad, crushed peas and grilled tomato chutney

Chickpea, mango and coconut salad (sundal)

Hara kebab

Edited by Episure, 03 August 2007 - 04:47 AM.

I fry by the heat of my pans. ~ Suresh Hinduja
http://www.gourmetindia.com

#124 Episure

Episure
  • participating member
  • 977 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:47 AM

My Karma -Indian Bistro

Most of the food is first-rate, in fact. Tikki, three silken potato pancakes the size of biscuits, are served with yogurt and a bowl of perfectly cooked, fresh chickpeas so fine they might have deserved top billing (and at $5.95, the dish is surprisingly substantial). Biryani is often tossed off as not much more than a tricked-out pilaf, but even the vegetarian version at My Karma was incredibly rich in flavors: cinnamon, cardamom, fresh coriander, mint and chili, along with whiffs of saffron, a dash of jaggery and raisins, and perhaps rose water. (The basmati rice, both plain and flavored, is routinely excellent.)

I fry by the heat of my pans. ~ Suresh Hinduja
http://www.gourmetindia.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Indian