Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

A Bite of China

Chinese

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 rotuts

rotuts
  • participating member
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

it turns out my library system has several copies of both the DVD and Book !

#32 JTravel

JTravel
  • society donor
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

http://english.cntv....age/index.shtml

Thanks to China Odyssey Travel....that we went to China with....for the heads up on the English narrated version. Can't wait to watch it again...and to understand it. Now to get hands on the book.

#33 liuzhou

liuzhou
  • participating member
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Thanks to China Odyssey Travel....that we went to China with....for the heads up on the English narrated version.

Haha! They got it from me!

#34 JTravel

JTravel
  • society donor
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Just was watching the Staple Foods episode.....all those rice buns and noodles. I want to try making simple noodle wrappers....I think Asian Dumplings might have a recipe. We tried to make them in Vietnam....where they steam them on a piece of fine cloth (voile?) over a pot of water. Harder than it looks.

Thanks for letting us know about this series...it is SO good.

#35 takadi

takadi
  • participating member
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

Reminds me of why I love Chinese food so much. The mushroom hunting scene reminds me of something straight from Lord of the Rings

#36 liuzhou

liuzhou
  • participating member
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

China Central Television have announced that the second 7-part series of A Bite of China will be broadcast nationally during the upcoming Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) which begins on January 31st 2014.

Titles of the episodes are Seasons, Steps, Heart, Family Life, Secrets,  Meetings, and Three meals. 

No doubt, they will slide out of China thereafter, as did the first series, then be officially released..

#37 liuzhou

liuzhou
  • participating member
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:38 AM

Well, on Friday night (18th April),  China Central Television finally got round to showing the first episode of Series II

(It didn't happen as promised in the post immediately above - don't know why.)

They also seem to have changed the running order. Episode one is "Steps".

But what is important is that, so far, the quality is just as Series 1. Stunning.

So far, it's only in Chinese but no doubt a English narrated version will turn up one day. It took about two years for Series 1.

• FauxPas likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chinese