Any Society member who becomes a society donor during the current spring fundraising drive will be automatically entered into a drawing for one of three demonstration tickets to the 2007 World Pastry Forum, a $1,500 value!
Held this year from June 27 to July 1 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, Nashville, Tennessee, the World Pastry Forum brings industry innovators together under one roof and offers access to trends and techniques through a series of classes. The Forum was created in 2002 in direct response to requests from pastry chefs and industry suppliers for a need for better information dispersal throughout all levels and areas of the industry.
Students will attend a total of 10 classes over five days. Each day will consist of a morning class (9am-12pm), a break for lunch (12pm-2pm), and an afternoon class (2pm-5pm). Classes will combine lectures and demonstrations and will be limited to no more than 40 students each. No tools are necessary as classes will not be hands on. Each class will be taught in a separate classroom and students will rotate from one kitchen classroom to the next. There will be a different pastry chef instructor, each representing the country in which they reside, for each class.
Scheduled Class Topics and Instructors:
- Banquet Desserts – Donald Wressell, USA
- Cake Decorating for Pastry Chefs – Nicholas Lodge, USA
- Composition- Anil Rohira
- Decorative Breads – Ciril Hitz, USA
- Entremet – Thomas Lui, China
- Entremet Glace – John Kraus, USA
- Japanese Desserts – Tatsuya Kijima, Japan
- Painted Chocolates – Ewald Notter, USA
- Plated Desserts – Keegan Gerhard, USA
- Sugar Showpieces – Christian Faure, MOF, Canada
- Lunch each day
- Chef’s jacket
- Class workbook with instructors’ notes and recipes
- Admission to the 2007 National Pastry Team Championship July 2 &3, 2007
- Gala dinner on July 3
This generous gift was donated by Carymax, a culinary special events production company responsible for creating the National Pastry Team Championship, the World Pastry Team Championship and the World Pastry Forum. Its owner, Michael Schneider, is also the driving force behind Chocolatier, Pastry Art & Design and Frozen Desserts Magazines.