Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Manual Dutchess Divider BM 36 - Needs Service

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bobdrob

bobdrob
  • participating member
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

The Culinary Bake Shop in my Voc School has a Dutchess BM-59 (that's how old it is-it had a discreet model #) dough divider,  similar to the BM36,  that needs service. Easttern Bakers in Boston used to offer a refurb service for a few hundred bucks (well worth it!) The old paisano who did it has long since retired. After googling & calling around i've found little help in this matter. Even Dutchess didn't have a clue. Does anyone know of a service company in the New England area who still works on these puppies? I'll gladly schlep it to & fro. We're on Martha's Vineyard, so everywhere is a schlep to us.  All help greatly appreciated!   regards,  bobdrob

#2 Matthew Kirshner

Matthew Kirshner
  • participating member
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

you could try this company I use in CT, I think they service in MA as well.  Service One 203-333-7024.  You could also try this company: Valley Service 978-794-9424.  I hope this helps

#3 bobdrob

bobdrob
  • participating member
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

thanks matt - I'll give them a call tomorrow AM.  Anybody else got a recommendation?

#4 bobdrob

bobdrob
  • participating member
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

to follow up: Service one would do it, but they're too far to be practcal for us. Valley didn't do the machine, but steered me to a CFESA site that pointed me to  Harris-Warren in yarmouth port on the Cape. They said they'd do the work. Hooray for old school skills!  thanks Matt - lovely offspring BTW!

#5 Matthew Kirshner

Matthew Kirshner
  • participating member
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

to follow up: Service one would do it, but they're too far to be practcal for us. Valley didn't do the machine, but steered me to a CFESA site that pointed me to  Harris-Warren in yarmouth port on the Cape. They said they'd do the work. Hooray for old school skills!  thanks Matt - lovely offspring BTW!

Anything to help, good luck with the repairs.