Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Dinner in Napa--Brix

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 martha

martha
  • participating member
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

Is Brix good?

Our concierge says it's lovely and the website looks promising.  A quick look at the SF gate site indicates a lot of changes over the long term, but nothing in the past few years. 

Any input or tips?  We live in san diego, and were planning for thsi to be our farm-to-table california evening of the trip.

#2 Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet
  • participating member
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

I think Brix is just ok, if not downright mediocre.  A caveat, I haven't been to Brix since 2007 so it may be very different then when I last went.

Brix has a very nice outdoor patio area and depending on the time of year and day, it can be pretty.  The food was very pedestrian in my opinion. Not bad by any means, just very average for the price.  For a similar concept/price point, we greatly preferred Mustard's Grill which is all of about 1000 ft. down the road from Brix. 

#3 martha

martha
  • participating member
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Thank you!  Any input on these?

Bui Bistro

Fume Bistro 

Celadon

Bistro Jeanty

Ristorante Allegria

Etoile at Domaine Chandon

#4 Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet
  • participating member
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

Sorry, not familiar with any of those places.  I'm from Atlanta, so on the rare occasions when we get out to Napa/Sonoma we usually save up for a blow out  meal at Meadowood/TFL/Auberge du Soleil/Redd or the like.  Other than Mustard's, I'm pretty ignorant on good mid-level Napa dining options.