Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Harvard food lectures?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thatashguy

thatashguy
  • participating member
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hey all,

Does anyone know where, other than iTunes, I can download all the Harvard food lects that are on youtube? It's a pain to keep going back and having to load it when all I want to do is skip through to certain parts and also give them to some friends.

Thanks,
Ash

Edited by thatashguy, 20 November 2012 - 11:57 PM.

#2 Ranz

Ranz
  • participating member
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

It's possible to get an add on for Firefox that enables you to download video from youtube. Not sure about other browsers.

#3 LindaK

LindaK
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

It's not a solution to your download dilemma, but Harvard now offers live streaming of these lectures: http://video.isites....ce_Cooking_2012

Mondays, 7 pm. There are only two left in 2012:

November 26, David Chang
December 3, Ferran Adrià

#4 liuzhou

liuzhou
  • participating member
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

It's possible to get an add on for Firefox that enables you to download video from youtube. Not sure about other browsers.

There are many. Keepvid is a good one.

But if you have watched a video on YouTube you have already downloaded it. It will be in your browser cache. Usually the largest file. Change the file extension to .flv, then run it.

#5 mrsadm

mrsadm
  • participating member
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

I use a free Youtube Downloader
http://download.cnet...4-75219434.html

Works well for me.
"Did you see what Julia Child did to that chicken?" ... Howard Borden on "Bob Newhart"