Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

PLAN: "Heartland" Gathering (In Philly) 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
305 replies to this topic

#301 Andrew Fenton

Andrew Fenton
  • participating member
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

Sure, Southwark (corner of 4th and Bainbridge) is great. See you at 8:30!

Edited by Andrew Fenton, 10 August 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#302 Chris Hennes

Chris Hennes

Director of Operations

• manager
  • 8,201 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

Because RTM management got scads of grief for evicting the Amish out of the kitchen at 3 pm today, they're letting them prep and sell pot pies there until 5ish. If they sell out sooner we can get access sooner.

The RTM closes to the public at 6 pm tomorrow. I recommend anyone cooking get there no later than 5, or if you want to take a chance on getting earlier access stop by anytime after 3 pm, when I plan to be there.

Ah, the best laid plans...

I'll shift the enchilada plan to a more "street-style" preparation and make the filling ahead so we can form them straight onto plates and serve. Speaking of plates... what is the serviceware situation tomorrow?

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

#303 rlibkind

rlibkind
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

Speaking of plates... what is the serviceware situation tomorrow?

Not an issue. Anna Florio, who owns the kitchen business, has more than enough to ammodate our sized group.

Anna just called me to say she'll be there before 3 pm to try to shoo-fly pie the Amish out of there way before 5. She's as PO'd as I am on the market's reneging on its access commitment to us. I understand the RTM's desire to keep the Amish happy, but ...
Bob Libkind aka "rlibkind"

Robert's Market Report

#304 Chris Hennes

Chris Hennes

Director of Operations

• manager
  • 8,201 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

I'm sure it will work out: we appreciate that the Market is doing us a favor letting us use the space at cost, and of course with the big festival at the market I'm sure everyone has a lot of balls in the air right now. Will we be able to at least move some equipment into the Nichols room seating area at 3? Kerry's got an induction plate and I've got a sous vide rig, so we can set up some stuff in there, and maybe even do a bit of prep work at the tables if need be.

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

#305 rlibkind

rlibkind
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

. Will we be able to at least move some equipment into the Nichols room seating area at 3? Kerry's got an induction plate and I've got a sous vide rig, so we can set up some stuff in there, and maybe even do a bit of prep work at the tables if need be.

The pot pie sales also involve the Nichols Room. But maybe we can use the far corner away from the kitchen. Good chance that will work.
Bob Libkind aka "rlibkind"

Robert's Market Report

#306 rlibkind

rlibkind
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

Our menu tonight:

Gazpacho
Pickled veggies
Sausages
Meatballs