Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Airbrush for chocolate

Chocolate

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Lior

Lior
  • participating member
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:33 PM

Oh! Sounds good. I need 220V, but perhaps I can find it on ebay. I asume yours is 110? I didn't post anything about my course because there is a thread on it and I did not want to repeat or bore... And my photography is not too great. But I will be happy to post if you still want.
Thanks for the info!

Edited by Lior, 31 October 2007 - 10:34 PM.

#32 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 9,444 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:59 AM

Oh! Sounds good. I need 220V, but perhaps I can find it on ebay. I asume yours is 110? I didn't post anything about my course because there is a thread on it and I did not want to repeat or bore... And my photography is not too great. But I will be happy to post if you still want.
Thanks for the info!

View Post

I'd love it if you'd post about your Wybauw experience. There are always new things to learn.

#33 Nyago123

Nyago123
  • participating member
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for the info!

View Post

Ah, yes, mine is 110V... didn't think about that. But I hope you can find it. The compressor does make a little putt-putt noise, but nothing so bad that I'd be afraid to use it late at night even in an apartment complex. A big compressor is liable to be loud.

Of course, I learned that even with a "work box" to do the spraying in, it's probably better to do it outdoors. A fine mist of cocoa butter & white chocolate floated through the air as I was working. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting your Wybauw pictures. I even learned something about the dipping fork from it. :biggrin:

#34 Lior

Lior
  • participating member
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:11 PM

Ok, thanks for the airbrush info. Perhaps thru ebay UK I can find 220V. I amglad you like the pics from my course-thanks!

#35 John DePaula

John DePaula
  • participating member
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:31 PM

Thanks for the info!

View Post

Ah, yes, mine is 110V... didn't think about that. But I hope you can find it. The compressor does make a little putt-putt noise, but nothing so bad that I'd be afraid to use it late at night even in an apartment complex. A big compressor is liable to be loud.

Of course, I learned that even with a "work box" to do the spraying in, it's probably better to do it outdoors. A fine mist of cocoa butter & white chocolate floated through the air as I was working. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting your Wybauw pictures. I even learned something about the dipping fork from it. :biggrin:

View Post

And as Kerry said on another thread, that cocoa butter mist is probably not something you want in your lungs.
John DePaula
DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

#36 Lior

Lior
  • participating member
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:57 PM

Hmmm good point. I guess a breathing mask would help?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chocolate