Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

What Beers Did You Drink Today? Or Yesterday? (Part 2)

• Please log in to reply
578 replies to this topic

#571 JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker
  • participating member
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:50 AM

Ruination is a favorite of mine but I don't see it often.  Will look forward to 2.0!

#572 rlibkind

rlibkind
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

Grolsch, with a very very rare burger made from fresh chuck ground immediately before putting burgers on the Weber.
Bob Libkind aka "rlibkind"

Robert's Market Report

#573 FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse
  • society donor
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:14 PM

Ruination is a favorite of mine but I don't see it often.  Will look forward to 2.0!

I tried it a few days ago and it's great! Hops in all its fabulous forms - pine/resin, citrus (lemon, orange), stone fruit, tropical fruit (mango, passion fruit).

16778563043_7e80d9a843_z.jpg

#574 JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker
  • participating member
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:52 PM

Ruination was my choice tonight to accompany a sous vide burger.  Plain old, old fashioned Ruination 1.0.  I do love the stuff.

#575 haresfur

haresfur
  • participating member
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

IMG_1294.jpg

Review:

On the plus side the aroma isn't as bad as the taste. More of an very sweet cider than a beer. The initial sip hits you like an over-ripe mango to the face and then transitions to a strong taste of WTF then a long tail reminiscent of diesel. I'm sure I've put worse things in my mouth but not willingly. Can't wait until they release their Durian Dunkel.

• ChrisTaylor likes this
It's almost never bad to feed someone.

#576 ChrisTaylor

ChrisTaylor
  • host
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

IMG_1294.jpg

Review:

On the plus side the aroma isn't as bad as the taste. More of an very sweet cider than a beer. The initial sip hits you like an over-ripe mango to the face and then transitions to a strong taste of WTF then a long tail reminiscent of diesel. I'm sure I've put worse things in my mouth but not willingly. Can't wait until they release their Durian Dunkel.

The lychee beer isn't totally awful. At least not for the first bottle. A six pack lasts a while.

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between

#577 Hassouni

Hassouni
  • participating member
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:33 AM

961 Lebanese Pale Ale accompanying an acharuli khachapuri, mmmm.

#578 radtek

radtek
  • participating member
  • 537 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:19 AM

Mexican beer has improved vastly from the old standards such as Negro Modelo or Bohemia. Found this excellent beer earlier this week- hopefully it stays available, Tastes like a Burton ale, but hecho in Monterrey, Mexico. May I present to you: Ocho Reales..!

IMG_20150516_060904.jpg

#579 JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker
  • participating member
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:02 AM

Dinner was Stone Cali-Belgique IPA.  OK, but not wonderful, not one of my favorite Stone bottles.  Still waiting to try Ruination version 2.