Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Gin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kikujiro

Kikujiro
  • legacy participant
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 05:16 PM

Dale,

Fat Guy asked the question I was going to, viz., what do you think I should keep at home to be able to provide mixed drinks? But I was curious that in your answer you specified in particular Beefeater or Tanqueray gin. I've been drinking Bombay Sapphire. Should I switch? And why?

#2 Kingcocktail

Kingcocktail
  • participating member
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 December 2002 - 06:25 AM

Dear K.

Hi

Fat Guy asked the question I was going to, viz., what do you think I should keep at home to be able to provide mixed drinks? But I was curious that in your answer you specified in particular Beefeater or Tanqueray gin. I've been drinking Bombay Sapphire. Should I switch? And why?

I did not intend to specify brands in that reply I should have just generic zed the reply. Of course Bombay Sapphire is a good brand. at that level , the premium and super-premium it is hard to get a bad gin. It just becomes a stylistic choice. Are you looking for a heavily aromatic gin or a cleaner not so perfumed gin these are personal preferences.

Dale