Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Abu Dhabi

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ChrisTaylor

ChrisTaylor
  • host
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:23 AM

I'm passing through Abu Dhabi later this year. I have two days there--tacked onto either end of my main trip--and want to check out two nice restaurants (fine dining or otherwise). I don't have enough time to travel to Dubai or any of the other emirates.

Any recommendations?

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between

#2 Hassouni

Hassouni
  • participating member
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

The nicest restaurants will be in hotels, and the two nicest hotels are the completely over the top Emirates Palace, and the futurist and equally stunning Yas Island Hotel. I don't remember the name of the restaurants there, but the food at its several restaurants was really good. Hotels are also the only place in the UAE where you can drink. Of course, everywhere in the UAE is great for cheap and excellent South Asian food, but I can't name any places in Abu Dhabi, only Dubai. Still, if you see a place filled mostly with Pakistanis or Indians, it'll be a good bet