• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

FrogPrincesse

Sad News about Katie Loeb

Sad news, indeed! We met Katie at the first Varmint pig picking and liked her at once. The first batch of lemoncello I ever made was from her recipe.

HC

• Like 4

I'm so sad to hear about this.  Katie is such a light!  

Sad news. I have a lot of respect for people who stayed in the business for a lifetime. I made it 30 years before my body couldn't take it anymore. Seems like its the years after 50 when your impact is really felt. Good for her and her life well lived. Like @Kim Shook said above Katie is a light for a whole pile of people.

• Like 2

May God give her comfort. I was always fond of her posts. I hate to hear this.

• Like 2

Yes, I remember well Katies posts back in the day. Such sad news. She is an amazing woman. 

Sad news, indeed. Even though we never met in person, I'll always be reminded of her via a copy Shake Stir Pour in my bookcase and a jar of her orgeat syrup in my fridge.

Rest in power, Katie.