I was very intrigued by a recipe I found called eight can taco soup. It was stupidly easy, and we were having a very brutal cold snap so I figured, what the heck, I'll give it a whirl.
this made an enourmous amount of wonderful soup! Even my son loved it, he's autistic and notoriously hard to feed sometimes.
it got better the next day, and the leftovers froze perfectly..
You simply combine all the ingredients, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for a few minutes, that is it.
you can serve with taco chips, sour cream and/or some cheese on the top, you can make it hotter or milder, whatever you prefer. I happened to use a cup of frozen corn in place of the canned corn. I also assume you can sub the chicken out for another, equal amount of other meat/seafood, etc, but I did not. I'm going to make this again, very soon.Ingredients:
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 (12.5 oz.) can white chicken breast, drained
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning