Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

The Esio Beverage Maker

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GlorifiedRice

GlorifiedRice
  • participating member
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hi,

I saw the Esio beverage maker at Walmart (ggrrr) over the Holidays.
It makes both hot coffee and ice cold beverages via liquid concentrates in pouches with a kinda "ball point tip".
It heats the water for coffee and tea and has a refrigerating unit to chill cold drinks like juice, energy drinks,
margarita mix etc

You can switch pouches quickly to serve numerous drinkers in a jiffy...

Anyone buy one?

Although I love the concept I think it should also froth milk fizz drinks..

http://www.esiobev.com/
Wawa Sizzli FTW!

#2 weinoo

weinoo
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

I'm sorry, but my guess is the end product sucks.
Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"
mweinstein@eGstaff.org
Tasty Travails - My Blog
My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs
Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

#3 Shagus

Shagus
  • participating member
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Hello....I acutally purchased an ESIO Beverage machine at Wal-Mart about a month ago along with about a dozen of the E-Pak beverages as well as the carousel that can be used to display the E-Paks for convenient use.

I must say that the machine was very easy to put into use and the quality of the beverages that are dispensed from the E-Paks is excellent. The taste is no different than if you actually bought a single serving of the same product at your local grocery store or convenience store. Each E-Pak provides about 14 servings of the particular beverage that you choose. I personally like the Brisk Ice Teas. My kids like the Countrytime Lemonade and the Crystal Light Energy drink. My wife likes the Barista Bros coffee and the V-8 Splash drinks.

The best part is that you can go from one E-Pak to the next without any after taste and making hot or cold drinks is as easy as pushing the hot or cold water button.

I was so impressed with the ease of using the machine that I purchased two more as Christmas gifts for friends of mine that have kids and it was a big hit with both families.

You can go to the website (www.esiobev.com) and re-order whatever flavors of drinks that you like.

Great invention!! Blows the Keurig machine away in my opinion.