Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Worst cooking show ever

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#181 lindag

lindag
  • participating member
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

Doesn't anyone else find Michael Symon's insane, obnoxious laugh mind-bending?  It makes me hate him even though I know that it's only due to that laugh.

• annabelle and gfweb like this

#182 annabelle

annabelle
  • participating member
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

I feel the same way about Anne Burrell.  She was prattling away about making something "super yummy" to her hapless crew on "Worst Cooks in America" and happened to look up and see Bobby Flay looking at her like "Are you f*cking kidding me?"

Not only that, she's added magenta comb-in color in her egg-beater hair.

• gfweb likes this

#183 lindag

lindag
  • participating member
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:59 AM

Every time I see Ann Burrell, I think to myself "What a hog"!  Can't stand Guy Fieri either.

• annabelle likes this

#184 Shel_B

Shel_B
  • participating member
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:51 AM

For what it is worth, I found this show on you tube and found it much more entertaining than anything I have seen on the regular cooking shows. 

I keep checking to see if she gets a real show for herself, but so far this is it!

I stumbled on that video a month or so back .... LMAO

.... Shel

#185 Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook
  • participating member
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

Every time I see Ann Burrell, I think to myself "What a hog"!

Which has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with whether the show she's involved with is good or not. That line of thinking is why we have so many untalented "musicians" being embraced by the masses as the greatest thing in the world just because they look good on the CD cover.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

#186 annabelle

annabelle
  • participating member
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

Meh.  I don't care that she's large.  I care that she is obnoxious.  She is but one of a pantheon of obnoxious chefs who do make up words, wave their knives while talking and do riffs on the same five or six dishes every time they are on.

• gfweb likes this

#187 OliverB

OliverB
  • participating member
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

funny, that pumpkin roll video is better than 95% of the "cooking show" crap on TV. At least it was from the heart, was funny and goofy and personal and not overproduced shiny glittery garbage.

I haven't seen a good cooking show on TV in years, Good Eats was fun before Alton turned all crummy gameshow host on us. Fiery is an extremely obnoxious person I'd not want as my neighbor or guest, so I don't invite him on my TV either. If you want to learn something, you just have to go to youtube nowadays, TV completely failed us in that department by now.

• annabelle, gfweb and Beth Wilson like this
"And don't forget music - music in the kitchen is an essential ingredient!"
- Thomas Keller

Diablo Kitchen, my food blog

#188 Shel_B

Shel_B
  • participating member
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

I haven't seen a good cooking show on TV in years .... If you want to learn something, you just have to go to youtube nowadays, TV completely failed us in that department by now.

I'd disagree ... there seem to be a few good ones on the local PBS stations, at least IMO.

.... Shel

#189 OliverB

OliverB
  • participating member
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

maybe, I tend to get turned off by PBS with their endless pledge drives. Which ones do you like?

"And don't forget music - music in the kitchen is an essential ingredient!"
- Thomas Keller

Diablo Kitchen, my food blog

#190 lindag

lindag
  • participating member
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

Which has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with whether the show she's involved with is good or not. That line of thinking is why we have so many untalented "musicians" being embraced by the masses as the greatest thing in the world just because they look good on the CD cover.

My use of the term 'hog' has nothing whatever to do with her size.

#191 Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook
  • participating member
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

My use of the term 'hog' has nothing whatever to do with her size.

Fair enough... but you can't be surprised at that assumption.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

#192 merstar

merstar
  • participating member
  • 913 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

...we have so many untalented "musicians" being embraced by the masses as the greatest thing in the world just because they look good on the CD cover.

Ditto ditto ditto!

Edited by merstar, 15 April 2014 - 01:11 PM.

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.

#193 gfweb

gfweb
  • participating member
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

Maryanne Esposito. Still awkward after all these years.

• annabelle and Pierogi like this