Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

A Sabatic year?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ferran Adrià

Ferran Adrià
  • participating member
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 11:38 AM

I just want you to anticipate that we're considering taking a Sabatic year: closing on October 2006 and reopening on March 2008. What would Michelin do? Who knows?

PS: You haven't asked about elBulli's dining room. Now it's an avant-garde dining room.
Ferran Adrià
elBulli

#2 Bux

Bux
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 11:50 AM

I was planning on coming again in 2007, but I'm glad I got a reservation for next year. There will be a lot of disappointed people as there must have been when you stopped serving lunch, but you deserve a break and it will be intersting to learn what you do with your year away from elBulli.

Now tell me about the changes to the dining room, or should I look the other way and be surprised when I arrive?
Robert Buxbaum
WorldTable
Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.
My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.