Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Replacement Power cord for VWR 1122S circulator

Modernist

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chriswrightcycles

chriswrightcycles
  • participating member
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

Hey all,

I just scored a VWR 1122S circulator off eBay and need to find a replacement power cord before I start using it. I believe this circulator is manufactured by Polyscience and modeled after their CLASSIC series.

Does anyone know what I should be looking for in a replacement power cord? I have one here that is marked 10A 125V that fits the circulator perfectly. Would this work?

Thoughts?
-Chris

#2 rotuts

rotuts
  • participating member
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

by 'rating' that cord is a little on the 'lite' side.  the device probably draws 15 A

if you cant find a thicker cord, you can set it up w that cord and after 30 min or so see if the cord feels hot, or overly warm

that would tell you you might want to move up to a thicker cord.

#3 Coogles

Coogles
  • participating member
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

From what I can find this circulator draws 11 amps, I wouldn't feel safe leaving it running unattended using a 10 amp cord.  In the picture I'm looking at the power connector looks like it's the same thing you would find on a computer power supply, if so this one is rated for 13 amps;

http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

If you have a Microcenter in your area they would probably have something suitable in stock, look for a 16AWG cord or thicker.

#4 chriswrightcycles

chriswrightcycles
  • participating member
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:56 AM

I went ahead and ordered a replacement cord from Polyscience. For reference it is marked 13A 120V.

#5 weedy

weedy
  • participating member
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

How much was it from Polyscience?

http://www.rakuten.c.../262376256.html

#6 chriswrightcycles

chriswrightcycles
  • participating member
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:30 PM