Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Khmer Kitchen - New Cambodian in South Philly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KatieLoeb

KatieLoeb
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 9,156 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

Tried to stop by Khmer Kitchen, a new Cambodian place at 6th & Morris Streets on Monday but they were closed. They were kind enough to let me in and give me a menu, and they seemed very nice. Place is getting a lot of traction on the local food blogs of late and (FWIW) stellar reviews on Yelp. I don't know very much about Cambodian food, so I'm excited to learn about an entirely new cuisine.If anybody wants to go check this place out for lunch in the next couple of days, gimme a holla. I'm in!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

#2 zeffer81

zeffer81
  • participating member
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

I went here last week. Food was very good. Service was friendly but quite slow. Highlights were prah-hok kahteeh (caramelized ground pork with spices, coconut milk and prah-hok, which is fermented fish, with veggies,) fried calamari (super tender) and grilled, seasoned meatballs which were a steal at $1.50 for 4 decent-sized balls.