Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Restaurant Week in Philadelphia

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 davidbdesilva

davidbdesilva
  • participating member
  • 328 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

OK for restaurant week would you go to Porcini, Bistro la Baia, or Salento? Have eaten at Salento and enjoyed it but am leaning toward Porcini. Give it to me straight up, which one? Thank you!
"Nutrirsi di cibi prelibati e trasformare una necessita in estasi."

#2 davidbdesilva

davidbdesilva
  • participating member
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Over 100 views and not 1 reply? Really? Wow.....
"Nutrirsi di cibi prelibati e trasformare una necessita in estasi."

#3 Andrew Fenton

Andrew Fenton
  • participating member
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

Sorry, David! I'm stymied by not having been to any of those places for years (probably eight years in the case of Porcini and La Baia, and five in the case of Salento). Also, Restaurant Week; so who knows what the menu is, and whether it's any good, etc...

#4 gfweb

gfweb
  • participating member
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

I avoid restaurant week. Who wants a limited menu?

#5 zeffer81

zeffer81
  • participating member
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

I don't think I would go to any of those places for RW. They're all pretty reasonably priced and you can have a better experience at any of them during a non-RW meal.

#6 Jeff L

Jeff L
  • participating member
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

I really enjoy Porcini and the two brothers are hysterical however, it's as big as a postage stamp. You will get to know you neighbors for sure but the food is well executed and not expensive. I would agree with Zefer81 and go any other time rather than restaurant week. You wont be getting anyone's A game.

We also enjoyed Salento the 2 times we went but prefer their south philly place L'Angola.