Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

A Perfect Nebbiolo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rebel Rose

Rebel Rose
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 01:31 PM

Andrea, thank you for joining us in eGullet. I know I appreciate the opportunity to visit with you and learn your thoughts.

If you could hold a perfect glass of nebbiolo in your hand, how would you describe it?

Mary Baker

RusticaFood

Find me on Facebook

#2 Andrea Sottimano

Andrea Sottimano
  • participating member
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:58 AM

Your question was one of the first that I saw, but I preferred to wait a little...
It's very difficult for me to imagine a"perfect"Nebbiolo, maybe because I prefer to think that sometimes what I've tasted was an"almost" perfect wine, but I will always look for(...or,why not? I will try to do it!...)an even better Barbaresco or Barolo.
It's like someone asks to you what is you favourite Jazz or Blues song?In your mind there will be not one song , but one thousand!From Skip James, to John Lee Hooker, etc...
It's the same for me; my idea of perfect Barbaresco or Barolo is a wine in the middle of a Giacosa 89 or 78, a Clerico 89 or 96, a Monfortino 61, a Gaja 74 or 89,
a Sandrone 89, a Scavino 89 or 99.......

Best,

Andrea
Andrea Sottimano
Azienda Agricola Sottimano, Barbaresco (Neive)

#3 Rebel Rose

Rebel Rose
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:27 AM

It's like someone asks to you what is you favourite Jazz or Blues song?In your mind there will be not one song , but one thousand!From Skip James, to John Lee Hooker, etc...

Thank you! That's a wonderful analogy, and one I will think of often.

Mary Baker

RusticaFood

Find me on Facebook