Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Oyamel or Blacksalt? Welcome other recommendations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jtphjl

jtphjl
  • participating member
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

I will be returning to DC to host a small dinner party celebrating the commitment of a former college roommate, to another following three divorces. we will be 6 people Saturday July 14th looking for dinner. Looking for fabulous seafood of any cuisine, delicious wine and the ability to hear each other's conversation. Price is not an issue. We all have cars and downtown D.C. would be an easy commute for all involved. A 3rd party (not invited to this little gathering) suggested Oyamel or Blacksalt. - I welcome any suggestions!
Thanks! Jan
"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."
- Elaine Boosler

#2 weinoo

weinoo
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

Oyamel is pretty loud. Not been to BlackSalt.

What about Proof? Excellent wines, good food.
Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"
mweinstein@eGstaff.org
Tasty Travails - My Blog
My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs
Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

#3 BrentKulman

BrentKulman
  • participating member
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:45 AM

I really hate loud restaurants so I am with you. I have been to Blacksalt twice (though not in the past couple of years) and really enjoyed the food. The tables are relatively close together but I do not recall the noise level being a problem.

#4 jtphjl

jtphjl
  • participating member
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for the feedback! Prof was off my radar - however not any more!
As I write this -- Hope you all are doing well with the weather -
Jan
"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."
- Elaine Boosler