• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2018

liuzhou

14 hours ago, kayb said:

The food is spectacular...but I am lusting for that tablecloth. So very beautiful.

Thanks, @kayb and @dcarch! And the best thing is that the fibers of the tablecloth are somehow coated and you can just wipe over it with a wet cloth to remove stains ... It still feels like regular fabric.

Edited by Duvel (log)
  • Like 2

CC121100-5346-4ECB-928F-EB7F996B491C.thumb.jpeg.8cbd6d4e084d1864e858f0c43d032a6d.jpeg

“Peas Stroganoff”.  Adapted from a Jane  Grigson recipe.  Creamed peas with a sliced lamb chop.  The lamb was cooked sous vide.  

• Like 16
  • Delicious 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

12 minutes ago, Anna N said:

CC121100-5346-4ECB-928F-EB7F996B491C.thumb.jpeg.8cbd6d4e084d1864e858f0c43d032a6d.jpeg

“Peas Stroganoff”.  Adapted from a Jane  Grigson recipe.  Creamed peas with a sliced lamb chop.  The lamb was cooked sous vide.  

That's a lovely idea ... I will definitely copy that ! Thanks, @Anna N

• Like 2

On 13/02/2018 at 6:33 PM, Anna N said:

Someone who used to be a member recommended this to me click.  I mention it only for those who would like to try laksa but don’t want to go to the trouble of making their own.  

I finally found this and bought one.  Haven't cooked it up yet, though.

111E27F1-2557-4115-B4EB-F7F678E281C8.thumb.jpeg.6cc47537c7a6bea097492a3a145680b8.jpeg

Re-heated lunch taco with some sour cream and some commercial salsa. 

• Like 14

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Clean the fridge out salad tonight. 

I yelled out to himself 'Want meat in it?' Whilst dutifully slicing the last of the beautiful salami we had. 'Yeah chuck the rest of that Strasburg in' was my response from the shower O.o

Strasburg is a processed sausage shaped 'meat' made of pork, beef AND chicken bits that I cannot bring myself to eat. But it reminds some people of their childhood - hey I'll eat kidney pie out of a can so thats probably worse. 

I used a mustard dipping sauce I made for our corn beef attempt as dressing. Didn't know how to drizzle it all fancy for you guys so I used a 2ml syringe left over from administering lil man medication (clean of course). 

You know the sand worm poop trails left on the beach at low tide... yeah. 9_9

20180221_185158.thumb.jpg.fb27bf6e7b5f92307e882fc9b5aa9913.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 5