Sure! Here is my basic recipe, although each batch is different. Sometimes I add chopped tomatoes or change up the heat level.
One Alarm Chili
Great the first day but even better the next day. Adapted from Wick Fowler''s 2-Alarm Chili seasoning mix. You can double the cayenne pepper to make it Two Alarm Chili!
- 2 lbs. Course ground beef chuck
- 1 Hunt's tomato sauce, 8 oz.
- 2 cups Water
- 4 teaspoons Cumin Seed
- 4 tablespoons Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Minced dry onions
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons Masa flour
- 1/4 cup Warm water
- 2 cans Bush's Chili Hot Beans (optional)
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions
1. Sear ground meat in sauce pan. Drain off fat.
2. Add tomato sauce and water. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, paprika, minced onions, garlic powder, and cayenne powder and stir.
3. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender, stir occasionally.
4. Stir masa flour into warm water to make a thick, but flowable mixture. Add masa mixture to chili. Simmer another 15-20 minutes to thicken.
5. Add chili beans (optional). Simmer another 15-20 minutes to blend flavors.
6. Serve warm with grated cheese and chopped green onions.