Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Future books?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rosie

Rosie
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 01:54 PM

This is your first cookbook. Are you planning on writing more? If so, do you think your next book will follow the same structure? Will it be about the same region or perhaps an adjoining region?
Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"
TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

#2 Marina Chang

Marina Chang
  • participating member
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 09:59 AM

Yes, I am planning on writing another cookbook which will likely follow the same or similar structure. However, the next one will focus on foods of the Hawaiian Islands. Hawaii is another location where numerous peoples have stopped off or stayed, lending great influence over the locally prepared foods. As isolated islands, I believe the history and evolution of Hawaiian ingredients and cooking will make an interesting cookbook.

If and when we reach a second printing for Tastes of the Pyrenees, I would like to expand the book a bit with sections on the cheeses of the region, as well as some of the other food products and ingredients for which some areas are famous, such as mushrooms, foie gras, nuts, and the various culinary oils.
[size="2"][/size]Marina C.