Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Thank You, eGullet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Danny Meyer

Danny Meyer
  • legacy participant
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 11:44 AM

I want to thank the many of you who took the time to ask such good questions and for your interest in what we've been up to at Blue Smoke. I've thoroughly enjoyed the process and will look forward to seeing you to Blue Smoke as well as our other restaurants!

Cheers.

Danny

#2 Jason Perlow

Jason Perlow
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 13,501 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 12:13 PM

Thanks Danny, we loved having you, and hope you continue to lurk on the site!
Jason Perlow
Co-Founder, The Society for Culinary Arts & Letters
offthebroiler.com - Food Blog | My Flickr photo stream

#3 Fat Guy

Fat Guy
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 01:29 PM

Danny, I can't begin to express our appreciation for the time you've taken out of your schedule to chat with us. Your ability to exceed even the highest expectations, it seems, is not limited to the dining room. I also wanted to mention that during your Q&A, at 3:03 p.m. yesterday, we broke our all-time record for number of simultaneous users on eGullet.

I'd also like to thank two people who didn't get a lot of recognition on the public face of the boards: Much of the nuts-and-bolts of preparing for and executing the Q&A was handled behind the scenes by our Robert Buxbaum and Rachel Perlow, and your Jenny Zinman. They made it so that the rest of us could just sit back and enjoy your answers. And I hope our questions were sufficiently challenging.

I hear you have a few other restaurants. Perhaps, after a sufficient recovery period, we can lure you back here and put another place through the ringer.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)