• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

lancastermike

Worst cooking show ever

334 posts in this topic

well he seems to haver had plenty of practice at something

"Punch it like it owes you money." LOL

2 people like this

~Martin

Unsupervised rebellious radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, self-reliant homesteader and adventurous cook. Crotchety cantankerous terse curmudgeon, nonconformist, contrarian and natural born skeptic who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it! 

Although not always a set, weekly cooking series, cooking on live, local television can be a horrific experience for the cook and a devilish pleasure to the viewer.  I like to think that my many hours of preparation resulted in quality cooking segments when I cooked on live TV.  As least I think it did.  Unfortunately, this poor sap fell into the trap that snares so many folks when cooking on live, local television.  This clip has to be in the category, "Worst Cooking Show Ever."

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I dunno.  I think I would trade any cooking skill I have for his ability to recover from a disaster on live TV.

Edited by Anna N (log)
3 people like this

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

9 hours ago, Anna N said:

I dunno.  I think I would trade any cooking skill I have for his ability to recover from a disaster on live TV.

You know I agree with you.  At least he did his best, and it was live.  Much more worthy than the horrific crap that is being spewed out by Food Network Star.

3 people like this

Shit happens to the best.

It could have been much worse.

Given the chance to be on live TV — why in the world would one make something so uninteresting (and failure prone) in the first place!?

2 people like this

~Martin

Unsupervised rebellious radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, self-reliant homesteader and adventurous cook. Crotchety cantankerous terse curmudgeon, nonconformist, contrarian and natural born skeptic who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it! 

10 hours ago, Anna N said:

Yes, he was a very cheerful good sport about it, which made you pull for him and enjoy the video. :) Something I need to remember next time I am under pressure.

3 people like this

> ^ . . ^ <

On June 10, 2016 at 8:28 PM, Smithy said:

Oh, dear. That was bread?

Very ... Rustic :o

3 people like this

15 hours ago, Anna N said:

That's one thing that doesn't scare me. As a kid, I was in 4H and one activity you can choose to do there is cooking demonstrations. These are live with a panel of judges just a few feet in front of your table. You learn pretty quickly how to keep talking and keep everything going smoothly within the allotted time.

5 people like this