Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

The Terrine Topic

• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#451 Anna N

Anna N
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 8,113 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:47 AM

That pig takes the cake… OK the pate. How difficult was it to fill the mold such that the details came through? Would you share a photograph of the mold if you have the time and inclination. I am quite fascinated.
  • Shelby likes this
Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog
My 2004 eG Blog

#452 Smithy

Smithy
  • host
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:49 PM

I'm fascinated as well. I can see the two halves of the mold in the background of that photo, but have no idea how you'd fill the halves and mate them without making a mess. That's a very cool pate.
  • Shelby likes this

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

#453 Baron d'Apcher

Baron d'Apcher
  • participating member
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:46 PM

The 2 halves are held together with wingnuts on a swivel.  The base fits into the 2 halves and ratchets down on springs.

Sort of like this one, which is much bigger and only 2 pieces.

18171505350_d876eef591_c.jpg

• Shelby likes this