• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Darienne

I will never again . . . (Part 4)

I will never again...oh yes I will...hold several bunches of wild grapes in my left hand while cutting just one more with scissors in my right hand...and...cut right into the index finger of my left hand with said scissors.  I believe I mentioned proprioception already in another post this morning.   So now I have a right hand recovering from surgery (and not as well as I would like for sure) and a finger in my left hand hurting because I tried to cut into it.  Oh well, the blood is the same color as the grape juice pretty well.

Just kidding...there's no blood in the grape jelly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

Cheers & Chocolates

I will never again buy "lite" cheese. It was accidental but still. I was making a toasty and watching the cheese melt but it looked weird so I ran a knife through it and it was like a paste. It eventually melted but what a waste. It was so dry and flavourless. Lesson to me..read the packaging better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 9/7/2019 at 5:01 PM, Kim Shook said:

@ElsieD - at least he's fast.  I can shuck 5 in the time it takes Mr. Kim to shuck 2 and he still gets it everywhere!

For me, speed isn't the goal. The goal is to not have to do it myself. I don't care how long it takes my husband to shuck corn. I just go do something else somewhere else and return when it's done, grateful. There are some kitchen chores I just can't stand, and that's one of them. However, if I found a tangle of cornsilk in bed I might think twice. I'll stop now.

• Haha 8

I'm lucky, my husband shucks it out in the garage.  Never have to deal with anything but naked ears.  And heck Shelby, you can honestly claim to own silk sheets.  Last year we found some prongs that can be inserted before you boil the ears.  What a finger saver they turned out to be

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, IowaDee said:

And heck Shelby, you can honestly claim to own silk sheets.  

😀

• Like 1