• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your Daily Sweets (2005-2012)

Afterburner

Those look amazing! I wish my chocolate looked like that when it has tempering problems :) I don't see any streaks or spots on the shells.

Cinnamon/calvados milk & dark chocolate ganache with whole walnuts in a dark shell. Tempering was real tricky, I tried out a new chocolate - and it just wouldnt temper properly, on my 3rd try I decided to use mould anyway. The flavour turned out really nice though:)

dsc00273e.jpg

Lemon / mint ganache from Grewelings book. I used the same batch of cocolate here for the mould, thus the tempering problem - but the flavour and texture turned out really well.

dsc00272li.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dear Lior,

I mean 42g gelatin which you then hydrate. I.e. if using powdered, the gelatin is hydrated in 210g water or if sheet, soaked and squeezed. As normal, the weight is the dehydrated weight. Is that clearer? Send a photo of whatever you make!

R

I see! Thanks!I will try and hope it is as nice as yours! I will send a picture for sure! Thanks!

My first attempt a baking a Tarte Borguignione, a classic tarte Bordaloue with a twist - fine chocolate sweet crust pastry (I did a regular sweet short crust pastry) filled with chocolate almond cream and baked with red wine poached pears. Hopefully they will appreciate it at work tomorrow...

dsc00282xm.jpg

/Magnus - happy amateur chocolatier

My first attempt a baking a Tarte Borguignione, a classic tarte Bordaloue with a twist - fine chocolate sweet crust pastry (I did a regular sweet short crust pastry) filled with chocolate almond cream and baked with red wine poached pears. Hopefully they will appreciate it at work tomorrow...

dsc00282xm.jpg

If they don't appreciate it at work, please allow me to give you my address :raz:

edited for grammar & spelling. I do it 95% of my posts so I'll state it here. :)

"I have never developed indigestion from eating my words."-- Winston Churchill

Talk doesn't cook rice. ~ Chinese Proverb

Huckleberry Turnover. Fresh Huckleberries off the mountains. The crop isn't plentiful this year-small berries and very tart-yet still delicious and the scent wondrous. Selling at $39.99 for a gallon bag at the Farmer's co-op. I'm sure the Grizzly Bears will be grumpy at the slim pickin's in the forest.

Huckleberry Turnover 011.JPG

DSCN1230.jpg

Finally got around to making the green olive macarons. Turned out just as tasty as I'd hoped. Nice chunks of chopped pimento stuffed olives in the buttercream.

Finally got around to making the green olive macarons. Turned out just as tasty as I'd hoped. Nice chunks of chopped pimento stuffed olives in the buttercream.

Looks lovely but fair to boggles the mind. Are these sweet cookie layers with a savory filling? Obviously it works if you like it, but I am at a loss...

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

a few things i did a couple weeks ago....mini lemon tartlette with italian meringue, a throwback to pierre herme's "sweet pleasure" dessert, raspberry cloud which is a vanilla sponge with raspberry mousse, raspberry compote and creme chantilly with white choc cage and a berry mint glace' which is chocolate sponge, chocolate mint mousse with raspberry cream core covered in our own richard's mirror glaze :) thanks richard!!

BEJ_9878.jpg

BEJ_9879.jpg

BEJ_0936.jpg

Screen shot 2010-08-31 at 2.39.36 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 2.15.39 PM.png

Very nice chocoera. It's kinda interesting watching this thread evolve, that particular glaze was posted in this very thread by Rob (gfron1) almost exactly 3 years ago and now it's been discovered again by someone new to inspire people once more. It's a fun glaze to play with and very forgiving. If it doesn't turn out the way you want, you can pretty much just lift it off and do it again. Although requiring more expensive ingredients and being a little less forgiving to work with, I personally like the taste of dejaq's glaze more than the gelatin/cocoa glaze but it is still a very nice glaze.

Kerry: green olive macarons? Seriously? That's f'ing awesome!

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.