• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast 2022

liuzhou

2 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

You are most welcome here but given a choice, I’d recommend breakfast with Moe and @Ann_T!

The problem is when they eat it.

• Haha 3

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

9 hours ago, Anna N said:

How can something so simple make me   salivate so much?  

Seriously. @blue_dolphin 's breakfast offerings are truly spectacular. I think a "Blue Dolphin Breakfast Cafe" would be a hit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

PastaMeshugana

"The roar of the greasepaint, the smell of the crowd."

"What's hunger got to do with anything?" - My Father

My first Novella: The Curse of Forgetting

11 minutes ago, heidih said:

The chili lime cashews appeal to me more with the corn dish. Unflavored pepitas to me add nothing but crunch given properly toasted.

I agree.  The seasoning on those cashews can be a bit much but it melted out into the butter and added a nice bit of heat.  Knowing this, I'd add some red chile flakes to the butter if I were using unspiced nuts. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, heidih said:

Did you put them together like a sandwich  or separate? Nice chubby mack filet

It's a knife and fork meal on two separate pieces of toast, usually with both egg and mackarel in each mouthful, followed by a slurp of hot tea.

Edited by Kerala (log)
  • Like 4

248428D1-5E8C-498E-957D-DFBDFDB5685B.thumb.jpeg.6fb8102afeec3b2d9e644874a01e009c.jpeg

Grilled cheese and onion sandwich. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Delicious 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

44 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@Anna N

Excellent !

Ive done this w quesadillas 

More Excellence !

Red Onion !

BTW  is that a cheddar in there ?

There is a smoked cheddar and some Jarlsberg. 

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

27 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

Moe's breakfast

Cheese Omelette with toasted baguette.
Aged white cheddar from Wales.

Hmmm. Cetaceans are mammals. I wonder if we'll ever see aged white cheddar from whales?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

I made the Green Eggs & Ham Quesadilla from I Dream of Dinner twice because I had 2 tortillas in the freezer to use up.  Though if I'd seen @Ann_T's poached eggs, I might have had to do the same, although it would have been without her stunning bread. Ah well!

Yesterday, I used some of Vivian's Little Green Dress herby tapenade as the green sauce that gets beaten with the eggs,  diced country ham and the 2 oz of sharp cheddar the recipe called for.   It was OK but a bit too much salt & cheese. 

C649C727-5EDF-4ACF-BEC4-79CA656620CB_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.b6547bafb2ae74f4a03c2c896fdfc174.jpeg

Today, I mixed up some tomatillo & jalapeño salsa to use as the green sauce and cut back on the ham & cheese.  Also had a bowl of Rancho Gordo Rio Zape beans tarted up with Vivian's Red Weapons. 

BE15FA92-D88D-415A-8F6B-5BF8D11ADFF1_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.0a4ee48956fc09141ba588ec1a94bb29.jpeg

Both versions served with some guacamole, sour cream, grape tomatoes and Inner Beauty hot sauce. 

• Like 9
  • Delicious 2

1 hour ago, blue_dolphin said:

I made the Green Eggs & Ham Quesadilla from I Dream of Dinner twice because I had 2 tortillas in the freezer to use up.  Though if I'd seen @Ann_T's poached eggs, I might have had to do the same, although it would have been without her stunning bread. Ah well!

Yesterday, I used some of Vivian's Little Green Dress herby tapenade as the green sauce that gets beaten with the eggs,  diced country ham and the 2 oz of sharp cheddar the recipe called for.   It was OK but a bit too much salt & cheese. 

C649C727-5EDF-4ACF-BEC4-79CA656620CB_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.b6547bafb2ae74f4a03c2c896fdfc174.jpeg

Today, I mixed up some tomatillo & jalapeño salsa to use as the green sauce and cut back on the ham & cheese.  Also had a bowl of Rancho Gordo Rio Zape beans tarted up with Vivian's Red Weapons. 

BE15FA92-D88D-415A-8F6B-5BF8D11ADFF1_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.0a4ee48956fc09141ba588ec1a94bb29.jpeg

Both versions served with some guacamole, sour cream, grape tomatoes and Inner Beauty hot sauce. 

Green Eggs and Ham reminds me of the old Dr. Seuss book I read as a child!

• Haha 1