• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

rotuts

do you follow YouTube cooking vids ?

rotuts   

i sometimes go down the rabbit hole and start looking at YouTube cooking vids.

An endless fork here to there etc.

recently Ive found a set

SousVide Everything which Im enjoying.

I avoid " SocialMedia " and " Subscribe " like the Plague.

however Ive ' subscribed ' to these as an experiment.

they seem to come at leasts once a week.

however  Im not sure what Subscribe means or accomplishes.

I wouldn't mind going to the site from time to time and See What's New

but as far as I can tell , having no YT skills at all

I can't even sort the group by date made   etc

anyone more YT competent than me ?   [ed.:  that's probably everybody here that's been to YT more than once ! ]

• Like 1

Smithy   

I'm slightly farther along than you, but not much. I have learned that if I subscribe to a particular YouTube series I'll get a notification every time a new video comes out. The notification comes by email and as a notification to my Android devices. The notification methods can be adjusted, just as they can be adjusted for eGullet.

AFAIK the business of "following" someone benefits that person, but not you. The more followers someone has, the better their cachet. @gfron1 referred to this when he was looking to get his book published. He, @Franci and any number of other star members can asked more light on this aspect if they wish.

Edited by Smithy Added 2nd paragraph (log)
  • Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

gfron1   

Two thoughts on this. I subscribe to YouTube channels so that I can go to my page and see what new videos have been released without getting notifications.

From the perspective of the uploader, if they have ambitions for a book or paid videos or such then the more followers you have the better, but I don't think that's what the OP is getting at here. I think my former answer is more relevant.