• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooking with the Anova Precision Oven: What did you make?

JasonsCookingAdventures

I just made a "Spanish Rice" in the Instant Pot for dinner tomorrow, including some tomato sauce, frozen peas, and some peppers that I had dehydrated in the APO.

Tomorrow, how do I reheat in the APO so I don't end up with water at the bottom of the casserole? (temp, % steam, and time, please). TIA.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, SherryCobySam said:

Is anybody else’s app down? All of my favorite recipes are missing except for sous vide steak. I went to reheat pizza and I was shocked. I deleted and reloaded the app and the same problem.

Not recipes but I wanted to air fry something tonight and when I went to key it in on my app it wouldn't work or I keyed the settings in manually.  

I have been having issues getting the app to connect to the oven but didn't have time to fiddle with the phone set up so I left it and set it manually but it bugs me to have the light on.

Last night when I was reheating something in the oven I heard my phone ding when it got to temp? I checked the phone and voila, it was connected so I was able to turn off the oven light while it was working.

I really like the app as I often put a frozen leftover in the oven on my way out to yoga class.  When I am done the class I turn on the oven through the app.  By the time I reach home, dinner is almost ready.   It is very diappointing to not have the app working.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Beth Wilson said:

I have been having issues getting the app to connect to the oven but didn't have time to fiddle with the phone set up so I left it and set it manually but it bugs me to have the light on.

Last night when I was reheating something in the oven I heard my phone ding when it got to temp? I checked the phone and voila, it was connected so I was able to turn off the oven light while it was working.

I really like the app as I often put a frozen leftover in the oven on my way out to yoga class.  When I am done the class I turn on the oven through the app.  By the time I reach home, dinner is almost ready.   It is very diappointing to not have the app working.

Is it working now?  Mine wasn't last Wednesday but is now.

• Like 1

It seems to be working again.  Cooked a brisket for a couple using one of the recipes in the app and it was fine.  Of course, I had to get up through the night to check and make sure it was working ok as I wasn't sure the app hit and miss would mess it up, but it was successful.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...