• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2024

liuzhou

Me: "You have any plans for dinner?"
Mrs. C : "Nope"
Me: "Uh, I guess I can slap something together"

Shrimp, andouille sausage, leftover pork loin, and zucchini with sauteed onion, garlic, chiles, and tomato paste, deglazed with chicken stock. Microwaved cilantro rice and a baked sweet potato to go with.

Jambalaya_202409.thumb.jpg.ba34cd4c5c39c33fa371d16ef2623d47.jpg

Edited by C. sapidus
Splelnig (log)
  • Like 3
  • Delicious 1

Had a lot of shredded zucchini left after lots of baking. Didn't want to bake anything else so I made Cheesy Zucchini patties. Sauteed shrimp with Vadouvan Curry spices and stir-fried Bok Choy = supper.

ShrimpZukPatties6666.jpg.46955dd54372482151180fa8d273e88b.jpg

I became friends with a gardener on facebook a couple of years ago. She lives in Winnipeg, about 2.5 hours from me. She has sent me special lily bulbs for my flower garden, and this time, she asked to bring them out and plant them for me. In exchange, she was some guidance in doing a versatile veg stir-fry.
So along with gardening chatter, we cooked up 4 dishes. She enjoyed some for supper, then packaged it all up for her to take home, to analyze and to eat for a couple of days. LOL!

We put together Yaki-Udon Noodles, Cantonese Noodles and Mixed Veg, Black Bean Garlic Beef with Bell peppers, and Mushroom Fried Rice that she can ramp up. We also made Wonton Soup for lunch.

MarysDishes6696.jpg.85ff0cdcc3b7ee2f7b9076f199560864.jpg

After my friend left at 9 PM, hubby and I had A & W burger, fries and onion rings for supper!

With leftover vegetables and a chicken breast that we didn't use, I made Chicken and Veg Stir-fry for our supper tonight. Leftover rice became friend rice with diced salted egg yolks.

ChickenMixedVeg6706.jpg.5ae266bd53b64e7fa0ccf1c18142b46b.jpg

FriedRice6708.jpg.99e82155643f80eb69f03617608e68ad.jpg

• Like 1

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com