• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Costco

Toliver

My mom used to make boerenkool stamppot and I loved it.  This is a cooked Dutch dish, made with kale and potatoes, usually eaten with smoked sausage.  I don't get raw kale, and have no desire to ever eat it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lemniscate said:

Honestly, I think it takes 4 stomachs to ruminate stupid kale.

😂😂😂

On a more serious note, I began to wonder if people who can successfully masticate kale really have saliva that is different. Like super tasters could there be super salivaters? People whose saliva contains more of some chemical, than the rest of us. 
The salad kit that was recommended to me is a Taylor Farms brand. Don’t know if it is the same as that sold by Costco.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I use instakart a lot, and one time I ordered  frozen spinach.Apparently there was none so the instakart shopper substituted a frozen medly with spinach, kale , and chickpeas.   I gave it  to a vegan I knew.  Had I eaten any of it, they would have heard me in Longport (the far end of the next island down from Brigantine  Island) and the weather bureau would have been issuing air quality alerts.

I'm also more careful now to specify "no exchanges" on my instacart orders.

• Like 3

"A fool", he said, "would have swallowed it". Samuel Johnson