• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
liuzhou

Why we fell for clean eating

I'm not saying we did, but many did. Do.

Here is an article from from the Guardian earlier this year, but which I only found today and which I found interesting, although I'll admit it feeds into my own suspicions.

You can read here. Or listen here.

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, liuzhou said:

I'm not saying we did, but many did. Do.

Here is an article from from the Guardian earlier this year, but which I only found today and which I found interesting, although I'll admit it feeds into my own suspicions.

You can read here. Or listen here.

Well I read the  thing all the way through but there was a drumbeat of “first world problem” echoing in my brain and visions of emaciated infants and children in war zones and refugee camps popping up with every paragraph.  I will stick to the  idea that clean eating means I don’t need to wear a bib most of the time.  Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 2

I do recommend the "Angry Chef"  book mentioned in the article. An amusing, but precise take down of the non-science behind most of these "diets" or food fads.

But beware if so-called profanity offends you.

His relatively curse-free website is here.

All of these eating fads reflect a lack of scientific education and a medieval understanding of health and disease. Diets are chosen philosophically rather than based on evidence. People are even crazier with their pets. If you check out some of the facebook dog groups you will be amused/shocked at the crazy new age vegan diets for the carnivorous pets.

• Like 2

We do eat a lot of avocados,  mainly as BLAST (bacon, lettuce, avocado, salmon, tomato) sandwiches, and we do have a Nutrininja, which we mainly use for frozen margaritas and daiquiris. I think we dodged this bullet.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this