• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch! What'd ya have? (2014–2015)

Anna N

image.jpg

Nikuman. My first time making these and I am certainly my best/worst critic. But damn they were tasty.

• Like 7

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

They look great. Can you elaborate on dough and filling a little bit ?

I followed this recipe more or less.

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

Thank you, Anna. This is going to be my snack for the weekend ...

I do hope you post about it.

My 2004 eG Blog

image.jpg

Nasi goreng (commercial seasoning package).

• Like 2

My 2004 eG Blog

this is the Chicken SV w bacon/mustard added to the tied up roll, as mentioned before :

CkBaconSV.jpg

unimpressive now

CkBacon Chopped.jpg

sliced

looking better

CkBaconSand.jpg

delicious w home made machine bread

this is soooo good it will be me default SV CkBr.

good w soup for dinner too !

don't forget to remove the kitchen twine.

4 hrs at 425 doesn't even touch the twine !

Benton's bacon makes this prep great

it would be good w any good bacon, just might not be as great !

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 4

No picture but a coworker came back from a trip with a big container of jerk pork, jerk chicken and rice and peas from Ted's Jamaican Kitchen in Thunder Bay, Ontario that he picked up for me. I planned to bring it home for dinner tonight because it was a bit much for lunch at work... but one taste put an end to that plan.

• Like 3

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

We had  rissoles , not  hamburgers  but patties made with left over cooked meat.  I used the meat on the  bones from the broth I made.  Turned out really yummy.

• Like 2

Cheese is you friend, Cheese will take care of you, Cheese will never betray you, But blue mold will kill me.

I get these whenever I can :  Carnita Burrito from El Picante, one town over.  they dont have carnita every day.

CarnitaB.jpg

the carnita at Pico's is first cooked, cooled and cut in chunks and then deep fried.  nice and crunchy but still

tender inside.

I added the cheese, cilantro and Pico de Gallo.  unfortunately the Pico was from the grocery store and OK

but not as good as home made as the tomatoes are 'cooked'  I didn't have any green chile's

:sad:

on nice thing about these burrito's is that they include a built in Siesta.

starting right now !

• Like 5

attachicon.gif2015_04_03_216.JPG

Soba salad w/ikura.

Love both your salad and your zaru.

My 2004 eG Blog

Kinda Wierd!! 

But was really good

Bean and Lentil Torta

IMG_7924.JPG

I cooked a flour Tortilla/ and topped it with homemade baked beans/ RG Project beans/ lentils.. that little Q'ness from the red beans  added some nice sweetness

the crust was crispy underneath

• Like 3

Its good to have Morels

Not to rehash an old argument as we've been down that route too many times but coincidentally I ordered "Shanghai" noodles as part of a take-out Chinese meal yesterday.

image.jpg

• Like 2

My 2004 eG Blog

I'm usually on an LCHF diet, but it was my fiancée's birthday this weekend and we indulged quite bit.

Lunch today were mince samoosas and a lamb curry bunny chow.

de738b2c6e6090b1b40c0daa38b93767.jpg

591df8f859fe0bd0e4122bebe20b4818.jpg