• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crazy Good e-Book Bargains

Toliver

13 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

The Official Downton Abbey Cookbook for fans of the show is selling for $1.99.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088WBGHGM?_bbid=66984166&tag=bookbubemailca-20

Thanks I bought it just because I think it might make an interesting read. I was never a huge fan of the show and was definitely a late-comer, and so saw only episodes here and there. But having relatives in the big houses (yes, of course downstairs!) I am sure I will get something out of it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

3 hours ago, Anna N said:

Thanks I bought it just because I think it might make an interesting read. I was never a huge fan of the show and was definitely a late-comer, and so saw only episodes here and there. But having relatives in the big houses (yes, of course downstairs!) I am sure I will get something out of it. 

The pikelets were good.  Reminded me of Newfoundland toutons.

18 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

The pikelets were good.  Reminded me of Newfoundland toutons.

Dear God I remember pikelts and miss them like crazy. 

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

4 hours ago, ElsieD said:

The Official Downton Abbey Cookbook for fans of the show is selling for $1.99.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088WBGHGM?_bbid=66984166&tag=bookbubemailca-20

Well I have returned the book. No way in hell can I read that fine print and zooming does not do it for me. It does not respond as kindle books normally do to increasing the font size throughout the publication. Anyway there was no issue returning it thank goodness but it was hardly going to break the bank. 
Thanks anyway. I was not likely to make the pikelets no matter what! 

• Sad 1

My 2004 eG Blog

• 5 weeks later...

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown