• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crazy Good e-Book Bargains

Toliver

2 hours ago, dtremit said:

Huh — the links within recipes Grist are working fine for me, even though the page numbers displayed are the print numbers and don't match the Kindle "pages."

Out of curiosity — what kind of device are you reading Kindle books on?

(I did notice that because of the different pagination, there were sometimes links to recipes on the same page that appear not to work — e.g., the recipe for "True Aioli" has a link to "basic mayo (page 37)". In the view I was in, "basic mayo" was on the same page, so the link did nothing. When I zoomed in so less was on screen, the link worked.)

iPad Pro.

I figured out part of the problem:  on the page with tajjin oil there is a hyperlink to basic chili oil page 39.  The link apparently does nothing.  But I noticed there is a recipe for chili oil on the same page as the recipe for tajin oil.  That page is probably page 39, but one would not know because there are no page numbers.

The hardcover edition of Grist is quite attractive.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

• 3 weeks later...

51 minutes ago, cdh said:

Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat

It’s available very cheaply on amazon.ca too. 

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

10 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I'd buy it except I already have it.

Me too!  Amazon was kind enough to remind me. 

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog