• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trader Joe's Products (2017–)

Kerry Beal

Tried the guajillo salsa, which I think is new-ish (I purchased it a couple of weeks ago). Medium spice, fairly thin, good for drizzling over things, not many chunks.

• Like 3

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

Current vintages of these wines are in my stores now. This is a photo from last year.  Can't remember if I posted it or not. 

760684322_IMG_4068(1).thumb.jpeg.95a7836b2412ec0e436def5b8cc1970c.jpeg

I admit to buying the French rosé on the left for the bottle. The labels, front and back, peel off extremely easily and it has a pink glass stopper.  I re-used last year's for homemade cherry liqueur.  Maybe some tequila por amante (strawberry-infused tequila) this year? Nice bottle to bring to a picnic or summer party and tastes just fine, this review concurs. It's $7.99, same price as last year. 

The Chilean rosé on the right is only $4.99 and a perfectly adequate summer slurp. Here's a brief review on that one

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rotuts said:

now for a bit of a pause ?

Since they are investigating berries purchased between March 5, 2022, and April 25, 2022, I'd guess that the areas those berries are from have been fully harvested and current store stocks are from different areas. 

For these HepA cases, they are looking at organic berries branded FreshKampo or HEB. From their website, FreshKampo grows organic strawberries only in Mexico. And they sell to HEB so it could be just one source for the current cases. Per the WSJ, H-E-B has not received or sold organic strawberries from the supplier under investigation since April 16.  Makes sense as berry production moves north.  Of course, I suppose a filthy fingered berry worker could move north as well. 

Not sure why you mention Driscoll's. 

Edited by blue_dolphin
To add WSJ link (log)

Bought a bottle of this "French Fizz" from TJ's last week.  $5.99. They also have a rosé.  I have previously confessed that I'm a sucker for reusable bottles which is why I bought it even though it doesn't even say "wine" on the label.  Turns out, it's a perfectly fine, light white wine to sip on a hot summer afternoon.  Alcohol level is 10.5%, also suited to warm weather.  Not going to knock anyone's socks off but $5.99. 

EDE2AC02-3C7D-47FD-81DD-EC8731B7FAAF_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.652481a753dfa031a9313ffa6ecd5857.jpeg

And after I got home, I realized it does indeed say "wine" in small print on the back label 🙃

• Like 4