• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

• 3 months later...

here is a deal that showed up on the NYTimes website :

( for review purposes ) 

3 qt iPot 

jjj.thumb.jpg.02df61a814e3c0a3631b5cef8387b0c0.jpg

the 3 qt iPot  ( not this one )  has been extremely helpful for me for some time now.

and yes I have the 6 qt ( more than one )

the 3 qt is now my work horse.

a quick P.S.:  if you are new to the 3 qt  ,do  not forget to get a 3 qt steaming basket .

its an essential add-on

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 4

It's interesting that they've gone to black, and to a more rounded, almost squat look. I love my 3-quart IP and agree it's a great appliance for something like a dorm room or small apartment (or travel trailer). Thanks, @rotuts.

• Like 3

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

I have both the 6 and 3 quart.  There are just the two of us and I  use the 3 quart most of the time.  I bought the non-stick inserts for both of them and have found them to be of very poor quality.  I wouldn't buy the inserts again.

• Like 2

I went to the Home Depo site , to look into that iPot sale , as I was developing an itch.

the pot there was the version I have  , not the black newer one

which I think has handles on the metal inset. nice .

rats.

however not all bad .  I saved 50 US bucks and tax 

drunk.jpeg.3ca11fee5270f03a454194f44e493ca6.jpeg

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I’ve been looking for a good deal on Anyday microwaveable cookware, and Food52 currently has the best prices I’ve seen with an additional 20% off using code CYBER. I’m sure that Food52 has good prices on other stuff too, but I was in it for the expensive bowls with fancy lids. You do have to pay for shipping, but it is still cheaper than buying direct or Amazon’s Black Friday deals.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, btbyrd said:

I’ve been looking for a good deal on Anyday microwaveable cookware, and Food52 currently has the best prices I’ve seen with an additional 20% off using code CYBER. I’m sure that Food52 has good prices on other stuff too, but I was in it for the expensive bowls with fancy lids. You do have to pay for shipping, but it is still cheaper than buying direct or Amazon’s Black Friday deals.

What did you get? I have the “complete set”. I love them. They replaced a variety of glass bowls and baking dishes (none of them the old borosilicate Pyrex). The recipes on their website are pretty reliable too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DesertTinker said:

What did you get? I have the “complete set”. I love them. They replaced a variety of glass bowls and baking dishes (none of them the old borosilicate Pyrex). The recipes on their website are pretty reliable too.

I got the Everyday set, so one shallow and one deep of both the medium and large sizes. I’m thinking about getting some of the small bowls too just to round out the set. What sizes do you use the most? And you’re right, there are a lot of recipes that look usefully reliable. Cooking things like grains or potatoes in them is going to help me out. Or so I think… 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, btbyrd said:

I got the Everyday set, so one shallow and one deep of both the medium and large sizes. I’m thinking about getting some of the small bowls too just to round out the set. What sizes do you use the most? And you’re right, there are a lot of recipes that look usefully reliable. Cooking things like grains or potatoes in them is going to help me out. Or so I think… 

After having them for almost a year, I seem to use the medium and large, in both shallow and deep, more than the small. The smalls seem to be used mostly for heating leftovers or the occasional canned vegetable, I think I need to revisit using the little guys more often. The Scalloped Potato Gratin and Egg Roll in a Bowl are two that have made it into our regular routine. I did try rice once, and it worked well, but with a rice cooker there’s really no reason.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vapre said:

They are so pretty and so useful. I haven't gotten the smalls yet and I probably won't. My Med and Large get a lot of use, both shallow and deep. I'm thinking about getting the XL (https://cookanyday.com/products/the-extra-large-dish), anyone bite on that one yet?

I ordered it yesterday… After the 20% discount, plus tax and shipping it came to $60.72.

• Like 2

Not to swamp the forum with Anyday discount codes, but I just got an email that Anyday is offering a 30% off discount with code COMMUNITY30.

My set is arriving soon but I'm sadly not going to be able to enjoy them until Christmas because they're technically a gift from my parents. So I'll give it to them to wrap and put under the tree to act surprised. Though the surprise will be feigned, the enthusiasm won't be. I like nice lids and glass that won't explode, what can I say?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TdeV said:

@rotuts, I've been reading cookbooks for the Instant Pot and have developed an interest in the 3 quart. If you hear of any deals, please post here!

I'm not @rotutsbut the Instant Pot Duo 3 qt is $49.99 right now on Amazon (eG-friendly Amazon.com link). I think that's a pretty good price, isn't it? 

• Like 2

all you need is the basket.   the 6 qt stuff won't fit in the 3 qt.

you cn do eggs in the basket , thus don't need the egg-thing.

don't remember if the 3qt comes w the trivet for the bottom :

got extra gaskets , why not ?I

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BTW :  re iPot baskets :

there seem to be two types 

the style I have :

61XRKx9BGZL._AC_UL640_QL65_.jpg.4857819e267e4c44f016c6000695dee9.jpg

and a mesh style :

91GHroYdGcL._AC_UL640_QL65_.jpg.156ce32eeb408fc744df791205102fcf.jpg

the mesh style is 1/2 the price of the more solid surfaced style , first pic .

I have  ( somewhere ) the mesh style for my 6 qt.  I got it,  as,  well , 

its 1/2 the price !

drunk.jpeg.4ca2d22ae20420c5fd0e6738edcdb2dc.jpeg

however , the mesh is a bit more difficult to clean ,

so now I only use the first one .

N.B. : at the sale price of the 3 qt , its 1/2 the price !

well worth it 

there are these sorts of inserts :

81Jvz-j96OL._AC_UL640_QL65_.jpg.b52021293d3dda936fae7466cf394625.jpg

Im not sure they are worth it .

Ive used my insert for cut up potatoes , and eggs from the refrigerator

nestled on top of the potatoes 

3 min , LP , rapid release , and the whole shebang came out fine .

money-mouth.gif.7a869a2287de9c09a8fd5b3920082b7c.gif

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 5

I love Le Creuset products.  And I love this one the best!

9" skillet

It's the perfect size for one or two people.  Best non-stick ever.

I loved it so much I got one for a gift for a friend...and she loves it too.

Best part is it's on sale right now.  Nice colors as well.

• Like 2

I recently picked up the DeBuyer carbon steel Omelet pan with the stainless handle. 

It is simply awesome!  Not sure if their sale continues today but, my BLACK FRIDAY purchase has been in use for about a week and it makes a lovely Omelet that is easy to turn out for a great picturesque plate.

https://debuyer-usa.com/cdn/shop/files/OmeletteFrypan.png

Omelet pan

Edited by Sid Post (log)
  • Like 3