• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Potato Chip Flavors

• 3 weeks later...

I only vaguely remember these chips:

"‘90s Kids Rejoice: 3D Doritos Are Finally Coming Back And They're Better Than Ever"

Doritos announced today that it would be releasing Doritos 3D Crunch, the '90s snack but made even better. They described it as the same shape, but with "even more bold and spicy flavor," which we will never, ever say no to. The snack will be available in stores in two flavors: Spicy Ranch and Chili Cheese Nacho.

I guess this should make someone happy somewhere.

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Not all that exotic, but Old Dutch has some Celebration Flavours (celebrating 65 years in Canada), including a Parmesan Cheese and Black Pepper. Maybe a humbler version of Cacio e Pepe? They aren't awful, but I don't really like black pepper on potato chips! 

PXL_20201221_223527641.thumb.jpg.bd1a1b3ff0f19e7b37e5c93f61b6faee.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, FauxPas said:

Not all that exotic, but Old Dutch has some Celebration Flavours (celebrating 65 years in Canada), including a Parmesan Cheese and Black Pepper. Maybe a humbler version of Cacio e Pepe? They aren't awful, but I don't really like black pepper on potato chips! 

PXL_20201221_223527641.thumb.jpg.bd1a1b3ff0f19e7b37e5c93f61b6faee.jpg

With a name like Old Dutch I was expecting licorice flavor. 

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

It's a company that started in Winnipeg, Manitoba in the 1950's and it's pretty well known in most parts of Canada for potato chips. 

3 hours ago, Katie Meadow said:

In continental Europe, the „flavor“ of Netherland is associated with something else. Which - in return - goes pretty well with any flavor of potato crisp ...

2 hours ago, FauxPas said:

It's a company that started in Winnipeg, Manitoba in the 1950's and it's pretty well known in most parts of Canada for potato chips. 

They used to have coupons on each bag to collect and then ran an auction show on tv where kids would bid their coupons for stuff. Like who could eat enough potato chips to bother?

• Haha 1

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

• 3 weeks later...