• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2021

liuzhou

@heidih @Margaret Pilgrim Stewart Farms at the weekend market usually has two or three varieties of kale and also turnips.  Early in the season Carl will also have rutabags that he raises for the greens.  The greens are similar in taste and texture to turnips.  As the root matures the tops get tough like collards (not my favorite).   

You'll see a lot of variety of cornbread shapes in the southeast all cooked in cast iron pans.  The muffins, wedges, sticks etc., allow for a nice crust to develop.  The pan is preheated in a ~460 degree oven and seasoned with bacon dripping and the batter should sizzle when filling.  

• Thanks 1

Biryani with paneer, chickpeas, cashew, raisins, yogurt, warm spices (incl. cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, bay leaves, cumin, nutmeg, pepper).

Warmish salad of stir fried cauliflower and fennel, with tomatoes, yogurt, tahini, turmeric, cashew, cardamom, anise seed, rose water, cinnamon, graham masala, chili.

PXL_20211218_124919585.thumb.jpg.62eee1c3507304a00e8f96cfca35e8d3.jpg

PXL_20211211_193227319.thumb.jpg.f0f49edc762170f6b001997673440378.jpg

Edited by shain (log)
  • Like 14
  • Delicious 2

~ Shai N.

2 hours ago, shain said:

Dakos

I had to do a little research on this but it does sound like such a great little bite. One of the sites that I landed on called it Greek bruschetta! Thanks so very much for sharing. 

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

47 minutes ago, KennethT said:

As opposed to the imaginary kind?  🤣

Well usually it's sweet potato or mashed cauliflower or fries etc.  But Safeway had a 5lb bag of bakers on sale for $.47 so I couldn't resist.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mark

My eG Food Blog

www.markiscooking.com

My NEW Ribs site: BlasphemyRibs.com

My NEWER laser stuff site: Lightmade Designs

30 minutes ago, mgaretz said:

Chicken thigh, cooked plain with just a bit of avocado oil in the NFG on air crisp mode, served with steamed snap peas with butter.

nfg-chicken-thigh.jpg.aa79a8c4af37c4cad5c04fa70929a071.jpg

That looks delicious and austere at the same time.

Edited by Kerala
formatting error. (log)
  • Like 1

Since I learned in the Modernist Pizza thread that any pizza can be categorized, I wonder which type I make every now and then. As in my in-laws home no special equipment (read pizza steel, Ooni, a proper working oven) is available I made a pan pizza. Feel free to enlighten me, which style it represents …

Half mushroom, ham and olives, half sausage, bacon and Fuet …

B28A66E9-FD4E-4D5D-A56E-2874CC45823D.thumb.jpeg.bbf259fe382945f11efcafc515b69d57.jpeg

Fluffy texture …

885EA36F-F4B9-4DB0-8C8C-309A422EFD3A.thumb.jpeg.64f14d10a1069f9b2da09c3c834911cb.jpeg

Crunchy bottom

7AD267BD-101D-49A9-934C-3D54C13DA90E.thumb.jpeg.7958873fb21e231a9d7e0bda05ce8751.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Delicious 6

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

@Duvel 

Ill call that style ' Delicious "

its one of my favorite styles 

and I hope to make something like this

CSO  sizes soon.

You beat me to it! It falls into the category of Delicious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog