• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Today is 3.14 so go grab a piece of pie!  

Pie is not a common menu item in MEX.  But there is a fine French patisserie on our street and we scored a few mini-quiches for lunch.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Ah yes, we did celebrate with pecan pie for breakfast and pizza pie for lunch.  have not figured out dinner yet.  I think you could call empanadas mini pies and be correct.  Just another version of a hand pie....

Edited by IowaDee (log)

38 minutes ago, IowaDee said:

pizza pie for lunch

I'm glad that counts... that's what I had for lunch. Otherwise, Pi Day would have to be happy without my participation. I don't foresee me making or purchasing a pie tonight. :D

Well if you have the urge, there is always either the Cherry Pie Martini or the better known Mississippi Mud Pie Martini.  

• Like 1

Dang it!  I didn't realize it was PI day until I read this.

I'm PI-less :( 

I generally make a pi, sometimes, two, for Pi Day. But today, I was at a client site from 8 a.m. until 5:20, so no pi-baking for me. I do have an unbaked blackberry cobbler in the freezer I might bestir myself to go out and get and stick in the CSO...

gosh darn it.......

I want a piece of lemon meringue or Boston cream(OK, I know, I know.....it isn't really pie but I love it anyway).

I'm on the road, and therefore settled for store-bought. At least it was locally made, with local apples. :)