• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

DianaM

The Bread Topic (2016-)

13 hours ago, keychris said:

Practically bread ;)

Could you send me maybe a dozen of those? They look lovely. Croissants are something I have never attempted, and don't expect I shall. I see too much potential for making a hellacious mess and a dismal failure.

• Like 2

@keychris  i ccould go for some of those.  They look wonderful.  I did a bit of scrolling through your pictures and I just love the cuckoo clocks.  They're pretty special.

6 hours ago, ElsieD said:

@keychris  i ccould go for some of those.  They look wonderful.  I did a bit of scrolling through your pictures and I just love the cuckoo clocks.  They're pretty special.

Thanks @ElsieD!

Pullman loaf.  Had a heck of a time getting the lid off as the dough rose a bit more than expected.  Had to call in the heavy artillery aka John to get the thing off.

20180416_161948.jpg

• Like 4

5ad7cbf53b24e_BialysandBoulesApril18th2018.thumb.jpg.bf99d280e38ed21b80097f821a17db63.jpg

Today's Bake - Bialys and Boules.

I have had a craving for bialys ever since I saw @shain's posted recently.

Divided a 500g batch of dough made on Monday, into 1/3rds.

Shaped two small boules and while they were proofing shaped

5ad7cc096a030_BialysApril18th20183.thumb.jpg.321e142296d74dc79ea05bc982c41d3b.jpg

five Bialys with the remaining dough. Filled with sauted onions and poppy seeds.

Both the Bialys and the Boules were baked in the CSO using the Bread setting with steam.

Bialys were baked first because they didn't require a proofing.

5ad7cbec7e085_Bialys2April18th20182.thumb.jpg.5c2697e589bb8dd1186e774fce55d98d.jpg

Cut one of the Bialys in half to see the crumb. Same shine as my baguettes.

• Like 3
  • Delicious 1

@Ann_T  You make the most amazing breads!  They look wonderful.

• Like 2